Bloomfield Raiders Youth Football Executive Board
February 6, 2019
6:00pm – 8:30pm
Bloomfield Human Services Building
330 Park Avenue, Bloomfield CT
Attendees: Kenyatta Ward, Chris Wood, Amber Reid, James (Breeze) Jenkins, Tyesha Wood, Floyd Copeland, Roxanne Plummer, Byron Bobb, Lamar J Bryant, David Kerr, Weslie Flippen, Brandon Hightower, Shelby Maybin.
- Call to Order/Welcome/Approval of Minutes
Kenyatta welcomed members and called the meeting to order at 6:15pm. Previous meeting minutes were not available to be approved.
- New Business
- Kenyatta made members aware of the expiration of his tenure as the President of the league. He gave an overview of tasks for the upcoming season and responsibilities of new board members. These tasks included formation of new board, finding space for board meetings after April, negotiating practice and playing fields, recruitment of players, gym space for cheerleaders and negotiating space in the new Human Services Building.
- Elections were held, and members unanimously voted on the following members to fill specific Board positions.
- President: Chris Wood
- Vice President: David Kerr
- Treasurer: Tyesha Wood
- Secretary: Roxanne Plummer
- League Representative: Weslie Flippen
- Football Director: James (Breeze) Jenkins
- Cheerleading Director: Amber Reid
- Equipment Manager & Medical/Safety Director: Brandon Hightower
- Marketing/Event Coordinators: Byron Bobb and Shelby Maybin
- Concession Director: Floyd Copeland
Kenyatta stated that CTYFL meetings are to be attended by the League and Cheerleading representative. Meetings are held every third Thursday of each month. The league is charged an absentee fee of $50.00 for every missed meeting. The next meeting will be held at the Wethersfield Community Center on February 21 at 7:30pm. Future meetings will be held on 3/14 and 4/11.
Members discussed ideas for marketing, recruitment, fundraising, building and improving connections in the community. Byron suggested an appearance on WIN TV which he offered to organize. Tyesha emphasized the importance of attending PTO meetings and community events to assists with recruitment. Brandon expressed his concern for players’ fitness level and suggested implementing or participating in fitness conditioning sessions and activities.
The Board agreed to meet every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month until April to complete projected priority tasks and meet monthly goals.
- Meeting was adjourned at 8:40pm. The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 20 at 6pm.