What makes up the moves of a cheer and dance!? Motions do!
Motions are the arm, leg, head etc. (body movements) done and put to a cheer or dance.
The Basic Motions include:
Broken "T" (Bow & Arrow)
1) All moves should be performed sharply. Imagine hitting a brick wall that is behind you.
2) Wrists should not be cocked, but in a straight line with your arms. Thumbs should be on the outside of your fists, with your pinky fingers in back. Show your swirlies!
3) Although you want to hit a brick wall, your arms should not be way behind you. You should be able to just barely see them out of the corner of your eyes when looking straight ahead.
4) Shoulders should be relaxed for every motion, not up at your ears.
5) Shortest distance- rather than swinging your arms around, up into your High V, bring your arms straight forward in front of yourself and hit. This is true for any motion.
6) Practice in front of a mirror. You may feel like you're doing the moves correctly, but you may not be.